Niall Kiernan graduated from National University of Ireland, Galway with an honours degree in Law and Irish in 2007. He joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2010 and was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2012.
He works in the firm’s litigation department and regularly represents clients in the Commercial, High and Circuit Court.
Over the last number of years, Niall has worked on several high value contractual disputes, personal injury and fatal injury actions, employment law injunctions, defamation actions and contentious probate matters.
Niall recently successfully represented clients in the following cases:
- High Court breach of contract action representing a supplier against a large multinational retailer.
- High Court action against the Dept. of Social Protection for depriving a widower his pension entitlements.
- High Court jury action against An Garda Síochana for an assault on a civilian.
- High Court employment injunction against a large international shoe retailer.
- High Court personal and fatal injuries actions including cases concerning catastrophic injuries at work.
- High Court defamation action against a national newspaper.
- Circuit Court Data Protection action against a GP for releasing his patient’s medical records to an insurance company. This case was one of the first Data Protection cases of its kind in Ireland.
- Circuit Court Data Protection action against a pharmacy that showed his client‘s husband CCTV footage of her purchasing a home pregnancy testing kit.
Niall is a fluent Irish speaker and represents a number of clients who wish to have their cases heard through Irish. Ta Gaeilge líofa ag Niall agus oibríonn sé ar son roinnt cliaint atá ag iarraidh a gcuid gnó a dhéanamh trí mhéan na Gaeilge.
Niall is a keen cyclist and also takes part in triathlons regularly.
Practise Area: Litigation
Admitted as a Solicitor: 2012
Education: BA, LL.B National University of Ireland, Galway.